Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday Frills


Wise Words from Helen Keller

Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.


Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired and success achieved.

Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.


Many persons have the wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.

What I am looking for is not out there, it is in me.


I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.


No comments: