Saturday, November 26, 2011

Looks Of The Week

A round-up of my favourite (and not) outfits of the week.

Cocktail Wear
Blake Lively was suited up in Elie Saab for the "Gaga Holiday Workshop' at Barneys. The tall blonde sizzled in a bright blue suit with lace shoulder detail. She may be missing a shirt, but still manages to pull it off with poise.
Nicole Richie wears a loose-fitting Halston dress, fully coated in silver sequins with flashes of red. Her matching red clutch, jewellery and heels are from her own line, House of Harlow.
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley was in Paris for the opening of Marks & Spencer. The model wore a black and white colour blocked dress by Autograph for Marks & Spencer. So chic & clean. There's nothing much to this dress, but she makes it look far more than it's worth.

Street Style
Daisy Lowe in her hometown of London wearing a red and white tie-up shirt, black zip jacket and cropped grey schoolboy trousers. She added a large red tote and black biker boots.
Taylor Swift strolls New York City in a navy blue Ralph Lauren cable-knit sweater, paired with a mustard pleated skirt by ModCloth. She carries a blue Fendi bag, with ruby slippers by Marc by Marc Jacobs. Got to love her unique colour combination.
Pippa Middleton takes her sophisticated style to the streets of London, wearing a black and grey tweed coat, over a feminine cream lace shift. Black tights, a nude quilted bag and ballet flats complete her work-day outfit.

Evening Wear
Doutzen Kroes attended a movie premiere in Amsterdam, wearing an extraordinary ebony gown by Giambattista Valli. The strapless bodice is lined with bows, while the sizable skirt is covered in layers of tiny ruffles. As huge as it is, I don't feel that the dress overwhelms her.
Kristen Cavallari impressed me with her choice of evening gown for California's Marine Corps Ball. The reality star looked stunning in a vanilla mint strapless pleated gown by Maria Lucia Hohan. She accented her waist with a shiny gold Chloe belt.
Gillian Anderson (who I haven't seen in ages) is fine example of simple sophistication in a pristine white gown with pockets and belt, which is vintage Christian Dior.

Crimes of Style
I know Blake Lively is on my best dressed list, but this fringed affair pulled the rug from right under me. Fringing in moderation is fine, but this superfluous shroud is too much, even for a cabaret dancer. Sorry Blake, I love your style (on most occasions) but not this one.
Yasmin Le Bon in a see-through sequined artifact, trimmed with orange PVC. It's so disjointed and if that's a genuine fur coat (which I suspect it is), then I loathe this look even more.
Jessica Szhor, what happened from last week to this? There's enough fabric on her sleeves to make a whole other dress, maybe two.

46 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love Nicole Richie's look!
I was also super disappointed with Blake Lively's strange fringed dress..
I usually look up to her so much for styling herself and always looking amazing but lately she seems to be losing her touch :(

x

joy said...

I love Taylor Swift's outfit. her skirt is so pretty, I like the color. And I love Doutzen Kroes's dress :)

Josipa said...

wow look at Kirsten!!!she never looked beter!
Rosie and Pipa are great too!


http://babylovesfashion.blogspot.com/

Paolita@BerryHaute said...

I have a serious weakness for black & white,
love Rosie's dress.
BerryHaute

elspeth angharad said...

Blake Lively has gone so wrong with that fringed number! love the blog! xx

http://glitterandpearls.blogspot.com/

little luxury list said...

Blake lively definitely had some good and bad fashion choices!
Thanks for the sweet birthday wishes and I hope that you have ablovely weekend!

Purvi said...

My picks: Rosie
then Pippa and Taylor Swift both
I sort of liked all the three evening looks :)

Karen said...

Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog!!

I love taylor swifts outfit!! I would love to wear the exact same thing today!!

Great blog!! Following!

xox,
karen

www.rubytuesdayfashionanddesign.blogspot.com

MariaK said...

Hey sweetie..

Thanks for your comment on my blog..

Interesting blog..
Please follow me..
I've already followed you..

stylefax.blogspot.com

Kisses :)

Rowan | R E D R E I D I N G H O O D said...

LOVE the black and white dress!

Loves,
Rowan

www.redreidinghood.com

Faye Lesley said...

i LOVE this post, so interesting to see different celebrities different styles!
faye xo

Vicky Fernández said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! Your blog's very interesting too!!!

Vicky
lamaletadeolivia.blogspot.com

Judith said...

Love Taylor Swifts look :)

Michelle said...

I love Taylor swift's outfit - her style is always amazing! :) but seriously... the fringing on Blake... really?? ha ha.

Have a great weekend :)

Chelsea Finn said...

Definitely agree on the fashion crimes! NOT good! I love Pippa and Taylor's style!

<3Chelsea Elizabeth
http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

Gabrielle - I LIKE IT FAST said...

I love Nicole Ritchie and Rosie's looks!
xx
I LIKE IT FAST

Rakhshan said...

blake looks gorgeous in blue ellie sab, and fills it out better then the runway model who wore it. nicole richie can even rock a sack if she puts it on! love her sense of style!
and love pippa's tweed short jacket! xx

The Ladies of Charleston said...

Thanks ;) No I did not do it by myself :) I used a program called photoscape. Perhaps you know it!
Are you looking forward to having christmas as well?
Greetings Charly&Cassy

LV said...

Hi Sam! I love the Taylor Swift look. The primary colors look amazing together and is a subtle take on color blocking. Great look and her style is always effortlessly chic. I am so honored that you took a moment to visit my blog:-)

xoxo

http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

Sam said...

@Rakhshan I agree with you about Blake looking better than the runway model.

@Charly & Cassy...Thanks for letting me know. Definitely looking forward the the Christmas long weekend.

@LV It's a pleasure :)

Megan said...

thanks ♥ you blog is nice too. godd idea !
http://highlights-in-my-life.blogspot.com/

Crazy for fashion said...

Great looks! Have a lovely weekend. <3<3

Denise said...

Blake Lively with her blue suit is gorgoeus and I loved it!
I read your previous post and totally agreed with the ones you thought "wore it better"!
Have a great weekend!

Danielle @ VintageDanielle said...

I love Taylor's street outfit (it's cupcake sweet) and Rosie's shape dress (I've been seeing this dress on many stars)

Just Daisy said...

I love your blog so chic! Thanks for stopping by mine

Taylor Swift's outfit is my favorite of them all :)

xoxo,
daisy

Rahul Bhatia said...

Stunning displays!

Nuar said...

Very enjoyable post, Sam! Mostly agree! My faves are Rosie's and Kristin's looks. As for, Blake's crime, though I like her very much, it seems as if her Gossip Girl's character were oddly affecting her sense of style. XOXO, MJ

http://www.nuarbarcat.blogspot.com/

Indistinctive Writer said...

pippa's outfit looks great ^_^

Liesl said...

Amazing blog, Sam! Definitely following you now! Blake Lively is lucky she is gorgeous, because she has had some recent not-so-gorgeous looks on the red carpet.

Indy said...

I love Taylor Swift's look here!

Unknown said...

I love all the cocktail style photos - Nicole Richie really cant do any wrong in my eyes! Those crime styles were spot on too, I wonder sometimes what goes on in the celebrities heads (or stylists!) Hope you had a lovely weekend.

Anna xo

http://lifesshinyprettythings.blogspot.com/

dina vanessa mercado said...

nice post!!! the outfits are very adorable, love love love it!!! love your blog, following you now, hope you could visit my blog too..kissess!!!

AgataP said...

Daisy Lowe looks amazing!!!

giveaway on my blog!
http://laughing-in-the-purple-rain.blogspot.com/2011/11/giveaway-ax-paris-tie-front-coat.html

The Ladies of Charleston said...

:D Christmas is sooo great...
do you wanna follow our blog? we follow your wonderful pretty blog now, too!
;**
Greetings

Sam said...

Thanks for your input everyone :)
Hope you all having a wonderful Sunday!

ashok said...

wonderful entertaining blog..keep it up!cheers!

Anonymous said...

My favorite looks ar ethose cocktail dresses and I completely agree with your choices of the Crimes of the Week!

http://stylespotlighted.blogspot.com

Daniella said...

You have chosen some beautiful looks!!! Blake Lively looks incredible in both outfits. Gillian Anderson's dress is soooo chic and Nicole Richie look perfection! :)

Take care,Daniella xox

Angelica Ng said...

Ooo Blake Lively on the Worst Dressed List! Actually a surprise for me, as she generally pounds out successes. My fave has got to be Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. Simple dress, as you say, but WOW does she make that dress a stunner.

http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/

Monsterchen said...

oh i love the look of daisy lowe, she is a real cool cat;) what a great colour combo black,grey, white and red and her sunnies are so fabulous!
love and kiss,mary

Miu said...

I like Pippa Middleton's and Kristen Cavallari's outfits.

Unknown said...

Whoa Doutzen looks stunning, my favourite by far

Unknown said...

Yes Blake's dress was not flattering on her. The fringe hid the best feature - her legs!!

Jamile Botelho said...

Love the post. Kisses from Brazil ~.~

http://diariodocoquefrouxo.blogspot.com

@MissJota

Kassi said...

oh I am in love with that dress Rosie has on. I know it's simple but it has so much elegance that it's ridiculous. :)

http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

Lila Moonlight said...

My picks are : Blake ( I love that electric blue ), Taylor and Kristen. For style crime, Jessica. Thanks for visiting my blog and lovely comment. We can follow eachother if you want.

http://lilamoonlight.blogspot.com/