Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Kate Moss 'Checks Out' in Couture for Vogue

Recipe for a successful fashion editorial:
*Take 90's supermodel extraordinaire Kate Moss, 
*Dress her up in the most exquisite creations from Spring 2012's Haute Couture collections, 
*Artfully shot by photographer Tim Walker and styled by the genius Grace Coddington, 
*Set against the opulent backdrop of the Ritz Hotel in Paris,
*All this for the April 2012 issue of the world's most renowned fashion magazine, Vogue
The results? Astounding...

Here is Kate Moss in the beautifully shot editorial called 'Checking Out'.

Kate adorns the Imperial Suite in a majestic piece from Christian Dior's Spring Couture Collection. She is resplendent in a crimson red silk strapless gown, which tiers into a colossal skirt, clustered by a multitude of frills.

Kate enjoys a high tea at the Hemingway Bar, wearing a lustrous gold lamé gown by Alexis Mabille Couture. If there was ever an apt place to wear this ostentatious floral couture headpiece, the Ritz is it.

'Shopping + Chanel' are two familiar words in Kate's vocabulary. She lounges in the Imperial Suite dressed in a midnight blue embroidered organza coat with floral motifs. 

Kate is captured in sea of pink foam in the luxurious bathroom of the Coco Chanel Suite. She mirrors her surroundings wearing a pastel pink and silver lamé dress and (hanging) cape by Balenciaga, which was especially designed for Vogue.

If Marie Antoinette lived in modern times, she would probably hang out at the Ritz, don't you think? Kate enchants in a fanciful powder blue jacquard and lace gown, with dainty matching lace ankle boots, custom-made by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen. The elaborate shell-like headpiece is by Julien d'Ys.

Dressed to perfection, Kate looks outstanding in another grandiose creation by Christian Dior. She dons an extravagant black and white embroidered silk tulle ballgown. 

A 'Ladies in Waiting' portrait is featured within the same editorial, starring models Sigrid Agren, Patricia van der Vliet, Josephine Skriver and Mirte Maas. These dames blend into the upholstered background, wearing romantic floral gowns by Valentino Couture.

A memorable shot on the mantlepiece, Kate looks sensational in a raspberry red silk chiffon draped Giambattista Valli gown, with lavish gold neckpiece.

Which of Kate's Couture looks are you loving?

*Photos courtesy of Vogue.com

52 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved the pics! i love kate! and the editorial is genius!
thanks for stopping by my blog! i'd love to follow u, feel free to follow back
xoxo
http://leopardandsalmon.blogspot.com/

fashion kats said...

I love all!!

xo
http://www.fashionkats.blogspot.pt/

Paris said...

Beautiful!! I love the pink bubble bath foam in the bathroom pic!

xoxo,
Paris

glitteratiandglamour.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

Oh I love the contrast between runway and editorial!

Gabi said...

Beautiful pics. I love the last one. that dress is fab!
xoxo=)

Kassi said...

I adore that Kate Moss photo spread. It's so luxe! I love that you put the runway shots along with the editorial. They are so perfect!

http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

joy said...

This editorial is beautiful, I love the Dior dress she is wearing! The red and the ruffles are just so pretty :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness hun. Isnt that location just absolutely divine!?!!!? It certainly helps when you're working for Vogue to nab yourself a) one of the most world reknowned models b) a fantastic location and c) haute couture gowns. Blissfull wouldnt you say?

Eeli xx

lovely said...

If I was going to the Oscars, I would wear the raspberry red chiffon dress and would not care if I stood out like a neon Barbie. So beautiful- all the gowns are.

lacey @ lovely-21

FATZ said...

Glad Kate Moss is still inthe game!
Love this blog!

Ember Drake said...

Totally gorgeous pictures! I love the styling!

Also for me - that red Christian Dior dress and pink bubbles = perfect!

Em
x

http://emberdrake.blogspot.co.uk

Chanpart said...

These grandiose creation make me shocked, so beautiful and outstanding!!!
It's here, Abercrombie outlet sale.

Cinnamon and White Chocolate said...

This is perfect, there is definitely something about Kate...Dresses are fab, and the one Marie Antoinette reminds me of an old video from Gwen Stefani What you waiting for? where she play Alice in Wonderland...

Thesmallnoble said...

Love the pictures. They are so so beautiful! Reminds me so much of Marie Antoinette :)
http://thesmallnoble.blogspot.de/

Style Servings said...

I loveeeeee this shoot too!!! The pictures are so dreamy!

Rahul Bhatia said...

Kate Moss+ Vogue+ Ritz Paris= Deadly and exquisite, Sam:)

Melissah from Scrapbook said...

What a fantastic shoot - live the bathroom scene!
Pop over to my blog when you have a spare minute & check out the new look!
x
Melissah

Denise said...

What for beautiful pictures! My favorite was, of cooourse, the red Dior dress... but the pink one too! I wish I had that red dress and a place where to wear it! :) But it's amazing just to look at it!

Annie said...

Oh wow, she looks gorgeous in the red dress! Awesome photos :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Daniella said...

This is incredible!!! One of the best Editorials there is and has been!! Just very very beautiful,the dresses are gorgeous as is Kate! :)
Love this post sweetie :)

Take care,Daniella xox

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

Loving her in the first photo and the last photo. They are my favorites!! I want to wear these gowns!! :-)

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

hope in high heels said...

Oh my... these are all stunning, a work of art in fact! I think my favourites are the last and the first.

Mileide Almeida said...

I love the photos you put .. editorials are beautiful!

Skinny Moonstick said...

I saw this editorial and I felt like eating those pictures :) LoL... she looks stunning, and her dresses are very delicious and yummy looking...
Good luck!

skinnymoonstick.blogspot.com

Rainbow Gatherer said...

I loved the pink cotton vandy one. great =)

http://rainbowgatherer.blogspot.com

Bailey Schneider said...

Gorgeous fashion and I just want to dive into the pink bubble bath! LOL!
x

Anonymous said...

OMG, amazing, gourgeous dresses, model, scenario..........

Dificult to choose :)

kisses, Alexandra

Emma-Lou said...

Gorgeous post and wonderful blog!x

PRIYANKA DHIR said...

i love kate mosss!!! love d post!
new post on my blog!
xoxo
www.fshn4us.blogspot.in

tres chic chica said...

Hey Sam! You can borrow my blouse anytime you like! Thanks for the sweet comments :) This editioral is amazing! She looks stunning and is wearing the most gorgeous pieces!

http://nyorkeratheart.blogspot.com

little luxury list said...

I loved this editorial and Tim Walker is simply a genius!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Allymazing said...

She's such a great model and all these images are so inspiring!

http://allyisacat.blogspot.com/

Blonde hair, Blue jeans said...

i love all of them! this editorial is so good! great job finding the looks on the runway! :)

Test said...

this is such an amazing editorial!

Michelle Lee said...

amazing!

Oh to Be a Muse said...

everyone is going gaga over this editorial. i really like the Ladies in Waiting and the mantelpiece shots. those are boss!

Anonymous said...

Love, love how glamourous this shoot was. The last dress is honestly my favourite, so understatedly gorgeous!

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

VintageDanielle said...

The gold dress was my favorite; she always looks so much better and real than the runway models.

Unknown said...

Wow wow wow! Those dresses <3. And the pictures are stunning, Kate looks beautiful!

ELVIA said...

This is by far one of the loveliest editorials I've seen and I love the way you wrote everything in descriptive detail, in a third person (journalistic) point of view. :)

Your blog is impressive and quite an inspiration to me! x.

--

Elvia
"The New Outlet": http://the-new-outlet.blogspot.com/

Jo said...

Oh-my-goodness. Why is Kate Moss so perfect. I love the photo of her in the pink bathroom!



http://www.thelittledandy.com/

<3 <3

lapetiteblonde said...

amazing dresses!!wow!
thanks for the comment and follow you blog on google friends connect!!
xoxo=)

Pats. said...

awesome red dress!!
love your blog - I follow You, please follow me back ;)

Helena Resende said...

amazing dresses :) I took the pictures in Aguda, a small town near Vila Nova de Gaia and Porto in Portugal! :) I am a new follower :)*

Unknown said...

Loving the baby blue dress,
Aimee
www.new-yorkdoll.blogspot.com
xxx

Unknown said...

I never been a big fan of hers but she's definitely rocking all the photos.


<3 Marina
Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

Miu said...

My favourite is the blue dress.

Nicole said...

Sam I only saw this now!!! <3 haha!

Fashion-Bridge said...

There won't be ever better editorials than in Vogue! I'm in love with the bath picture! It's divine! Absolutely perfect!

Xx

Alexandra

www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

Umayya Theba said...

This makes me want to go to Paris! Beautiful pics!

Kathy said...

I totally love love love this editorial shoot from Vogue!! It's so major! xoxo
http://www.hellohellofriday.com/

Beauty Follower said...

Great fashion editorial!